Head of Finance - Music
Highly successful record label are looking for a qualified ACA, CIMA or ACCA Head of Finance with at least 5 years PQE to lead the finance department. Reporting to the CEO, this hands-on role will be focussed on leading the finance team which manages a group of music-based companies including recording and publishing.
Regular interaction with non-financial staff throughout the business is essential and so prior experience of business partnering and working within a music/media organisation is essential. Candidates should be able to demonstrate leadership skills as well as experience of working in the music industry.
- Managing a finance team of 4 to prepare accurate monthly management accounts for each group company
- Ensure that timetable is met each month
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of accounts including key metrics along with consolidation for board level
- Business partner with the MD of the publishing business providing commercial insight into publishing business
- Preparation of monthly management accounts along with key metrics to give insight into the business.
- Annual budgeting and forecasting to support business decisions
Working Capital Management
- Supervision and review of accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Authorisation and approval of payment runs
- Producing weekly cashflow forecasts
- Managing the treasury affairs including minimising forex exposure
- Ensuring each group company keeps to annual cash budget
- Managing the annual audit process
- Ensuring all schedules are produced accurately and support final TB
- Preparation of annual Statutory Accounts with supporting schedules
- Implementation of new accounting system, possibly SAP Business One or similar; to maintain relationship with external software providers; to be committed to system integrity and its continuous development
- Lead preparation of annual budget and business plan
- Manage relationships with key external stakeholders e.g. Bank, auditors and tax authorities
- ACA, CIMA, ACCA qualified accountant ideally with 5 years PQE
- Must come from a music background, ideally with experience of recorded music and music publishing.
- Must have the ability to concisely communicate financial information to a broad audience including senior and non-financial colleagues
- Have an eye for and a comprehensive understanding of "the detail", but hold the ability to crystalise it into a coherent message or story
- Must be open, approachable and visible in his or her approach
- Must be a process champion ensuring financial and operational controls are followed
- Must be committed to learning and innovating, delivering new and interesting ways to report "the numbers"
- Excellent excel skills, SAP Business One or similar ERP system experience useful
- Experience in using BI or report writing tools is desirable
- Experience in using Xero or Access Dimensions beneficial
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.