A well known retail business with a fantastic people culture situated in the heart of London, has an exciting opening for an ambitious Head of Finance to join the team. You will be managing a team of 20 and you will be driving a change in the business, being an inspirational leader.
Key responsibilities are:
- Budgeting, forecasting, and strategic planning
- Business partnering, working with senior stake holders ensuring effective two-way communication of objectives and value added analysis
- Period end reporting and analysis
- Year end reporting and audit, and periodic management accounting
- Cashflow forecasting and reporting
- Management of balance sheet and working capital
- Leadership, development and management of the finance team
- Proactively seek to understand the key drivers of financial results and measure overall performance against plan. Establish and articulate the link between operational activity and the delivery of financial performance.
- Collaboration with the wider FP&A team for the regular planning and reporting cycles.
- Ownership of monthly board reporting - presentations and supporting analysis
- Designing new and improved reporting and analysis.
- Identify key trends and movements in various financial statistics, considering the implications for the business and advising on the appropriate action.
- Leading business control across the department and ensuring the right controls are implemented to mitigate risk.
- Managing the relationship with Auditors and HMRC
- Structuring the international tax entities in line with recommendations from advisors
- Challenge current processes to identify and implement new ways of working to improve efficiency, robustness and usefulness of forecasting and budgeting, and champion sharing of best practice across the business.
- Qualified finance professional (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Must be degree qualified
- Retail experience strongly preferred
- A progressive attitude, excellent communicator and keen attention to detail
This is an excellent role for someone that's looking for their first management role. Will suit someone with strong technical skills with a commercial mindset.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.