Finance Director - Sports Creative Agency
Leading Brand Experience and Creative Agency with a focus on Sport are looking for a qualified Finance Director to work across all agencies in the group, managing all financial related matters to ensure delivery of timely and accurate financial information for the Group CEO and the Senior Leadership Team.
Reporting in to the CEO and managing a team of 3 this instrumental role will involve:
- Working with the relevant senior team members will develop the annual budget, and three-year long-range plan ('LRP').
- Forecast will also include all overheads, the role is responsible for estimating, and ensuring costs are being tightly controlled centrally.
- Produce timely and accurate management accounts each month, including commentary on year-to-date performance as well as the latest full year forecast for each Agency.
- Will also produce the weekly management information which focuses on current net assets and latest trading forecast.
- Working alongside the Project Lead responsible for the timely reconciliation and closure of projects and post WIP journals at the end of quarter.
- Responsible for preparing and reviewing UK VAT Returns for all of Agencies. Where projects take place internationally, the Senior Financial Controller is to liaise with external advisors to reclaim any VAT incurred outside of the UK.
- Work with external advisors to submit annual corporation tax returns, and make sure that payments to HMRC are on time.
- Responsible for working with the auditors to complete the annual audit, preparing, and providing all information requests to them.
- Review and sign off the accounts prior to submission to Group CEO for signature.
- Manage banking relationship with house bank, including online approval permissions.
This is a hands-on roll; therefore it is expected that the individual will support the wider team when preparing / reviewing payments to third parties.
- CIMA or ACA/ACCA qualified
- Minimum 5 years PQE experience
- Sports/Hospitality/Events/Agency experience is preferential, but not essential
- Proven track record managing a team
- Strong communicator who can explain financial matters to non-financially literate staff
- Proven ability to prioritise in a fast-moving environment
- High level of attention to detail, and proven ability to problem solve accounting matters
- Experience integrating another finance team into the group would be preferable, but is not essential
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.