Handle are working with a FTSE 250 retail business, and we are on the search for a Head of Finance (Systems) to lead and deliver the finance function. Working alongside 30 people in finance and leading a team of three. This is rather an exciting role.
- Overlook and manage month-end, period-end, issue investigation and resolution, reporting, scenario analysis. Liaise with other functions, principally Tech, to ensure inter-dependencies are identified and delivered as required.
- Lead the delivery of finance systems activity to the Finance function
- Lead development of standard operating procedures, People development and succession planning
- Lead development of architectures, catalogues and inventories
- Implementation of conventions and standards
- Own and manage relationships and service levels with third-party service and solution providers
- Establish the Process Ownership work stream to ensure we work closely with Finance functions and Cross-Functional stakeholders to understand and document the current systems / business processes end-to-end
- Develop and improve the inventory of reports from Finance Systems (and wider technology landscape).
- Seek opportunities to align and standardise data sources and outputs
- Identify opportunities for, and champion, finance system enhancements to deliver continuous improvement
- Engage senior stakeholders in order to influence key business decisions and conduct regular "operational service reviews" to confirm plans, prioritisation and delivery are in-line with stakeholder expectation
- Proactively engage senior business stakeholders to constantly improve the service Finance Systems provides to them
- Develop and foster collaborative and strong working relationships with the wider functional and technical teams within the business
- Collaborate with senior business and finance leaders to develop strategies for the Finance Systems portfolio.
- Align the Finance Systems roadmap to the wider business transformation and change agenda
- Responsible for the business design of the overall finance systems strategy (working with Tech who will lead on the technical aspects)
- Direct the development and subsequent delivery of future financial systems roadmaps to support the future operating model of the Finance and Procurement functions
- Be a key stakeholder and contributor to the wider Finance Change roadmap - helping to identify, and then be responsible for, delivering finance system change requirements as part of the broader change portfolio
- Oversee the governance and prioritisation of Finance Systems change via the Change Board, ensuring that business change and IT issues / associated risks are effectively raised, managed and escalated appropriately and, where necessary, facilitate reaching consensus on competing requirements
- Deliver regular progress reports on the programme of change and improvement projects in Finance Systems to Sponsors and Functional Directors (including relevant risks and issues)
- Contribute to the long-term strategic direction of the wider Tech Strategy
- Must be a Qualified Accountant
- Must be Degree Qualified
- Experience managing a portfolio of Financial Systems including MS Dynamics & reporting solutions
- Experience of working in a fast paced, Retail environment
- Ideally Prince 2 qualified with Relevant project management experience,
- Demonstrate a good understanding of ITIL principles and processes, with the ability to apply them proportionately.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.