An industry leading and dynamic TV production business are currently seeking a Head of Finance to join their Central London offices. Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will head up a team that covers all aspects of finance from management accounts and forecasting to tax and liaison with auditors. You will also play a key role in providing the Managing Director and other senior stakeholders with commercial information and strategic support.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Oversee the process for preparing and reporting on monthly & quarterly reporting packs, including slate, reporting pack, cashflow, development budget and management reports.
- Manage the monthly management accounts process and review of monthly actual P&L and balance sheet, in both UK and US GAAP.
- Prepare business plans and execute five year plans and financial forecasts and ensure that budgets are met and commercial activities are maximised.
- Motivate and guide the team, to produce quality work and set high standards. The team should be known within the company to be highly competent, helpful and proactive.
- Partnering with the senior management team on commercial affairs and contractual matters, when required.
- Consider current processes and workloads and implement improvements.
- Ensure compliance with the HMRC Film and TV guidance for paying freelance staff in conjunction with HR / Payroll.
- Review and sign off payroll.
- Review year-end reconciliations and reports and liaise with auditors.
- Ensure compliance with applicable SOX requirements as required.
In order to be considered for this excellent position, you will be qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA and possess relevant post qualified experience within media. In addition to technical skills, great interpersonal skills are key as is the ability to motivate and lead a growing team.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.