Handle are working with a VC backed TV business in search of a commercially astute Head of Finance to report to work closely with the CFO and Head of Commercial Finance. You will be responsible for commercial input and overseeing all areas of financial reporting.
The role will suit a qualified Chartered Accountant, ideally from a Big 4 Audit background, with a minimum of 5 years post-qualified experience and someone who is interested in gaining commercial finance as well as Financial Planning and Analysis experience and responsibilities.
In partnership with the CFO and Head of Commercial Finance and Strategic Planning, the Head of Financial Control, Reporting, and Planning will support the growth strategy of the business over the next 5 years through timely, accurate, and efficient financial reporting, procedures, polices, and controls.
- Manage the entire Financial Accounting process and team
- Ensuring all financial accounting and financial statements compliant with accounting policy and accounting standards, IFRS/UK GAAP
- Lead, manage, and deliver all management reporting
- Lead, develop, and deliver a monthly executive dashboard/balanced scorecard
- Deliver the monthly rolling forecast, annual budget, and 5 year Strategic Plan
- Develop and implement a set of simplified financial policies and procedures
- Build strong relationships with senior executives overseas
- Ensure transactional work is reviewed and properly reconciled
- Monitor changes in accounting standards and assess impact on the business
- Lead, manage, and deliver accurate and timely cash forecasts
- Manage relationships with banks with a focus on minimising bank/finance costs
- Manage foreign exchange exposure with a focus on securing the best fx rates
- Manage all internal and external Audit processes
- Ensure the corporate structure is optimal for tax minimization and manage all tax reporting requirements
- Ensure that the business has the needed accurate Financial Systems
- Manage and provide all other ad hoc reporting and commercial analyses as required
- Cross-train with the Head of Commercial Finance and Strategic Planning
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.