An exciting opportunity to join our client within the TV Productions industry as they go through a rapid growth.
This is a great chance for a qualified Head of Finance to join and report directly into the COO, you will work closely with the Head of Production, external legal support, and the creative team across the full range of activity within the company.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Process transactions and manage the books of the main company.
- Produce monthly management accounts and forecasts, consolidated across all productions
- Meet the monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting timetable to the Group
- Manage and forecast cash flow
- Produce statutory accounts and manage the annual audit process
- Produce royalty reports and payaways for stakeholders
- Manage VAT, PAYE and the company's overall relationship with HMRC
- Assist the COO and HOP in setting up productions
- Build a good rapport and working relationship with all production accountants
- Set up and oversee all production bank accounts
- Work with production teams to ensure internal control frameworks are adequate and group policies are complied with.
- Ensure foreign exchange risks are managed
- Review weekly cost reports and forecasts
- Where loan finance is in place, review drawdowns, balances and interest forecasts
- Raise invoices and ensure cash flow is received on a timely basis
- In early prep and late post production, manage the set up and close of the productions.
- Where appropriate, manage the audit and tax credit claim process
The idea candidate will posses:
- A qualified accountant with minimum 3 years PQE, ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Experience of accounting and the economics within the TV Production Industry
- Experience of group accounting
- Appreciation of the latest accounting rules and the ability to translate to a business situation. Knowledge of IFRS, US GAPP and UK GAAP accounting standards.
- Experience of accounting packages e.g. Sage
- Experience of drama production is desirable, not essential, although enthusiasm for the output is.
- Proven ability to work with and inspire confidence in editorial and creative staff
- Outgoing and articulate, able to make an impact and form relationships quickly
- Happy to span the full range of financial activity from processing expenses and invoices to contributing to the company's business strategy, and to muck in with what's needed.
Apply NOW to avoid disappointment!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.