A terrific opportunity for an experienced New Business Director has become available to join a revolutionary and award-winning Marketing agency.
Working alongside the co-founders, this role is responsible for leading the New Business team. You will be responsible for leading and coaching the team, helping them to achieve their sales targets and ensuring clients receive the support and guidance that they need to succeed. The role draws on experience and proven, dynamic sales leadership accompanied by knowledge of the Marketing & Advertising industries. It carries responsibility for a significant proportion of the agency's future plans, and requires constant improvement and delivery on strategic and tactical priorities.
The primary objective will be to strategically drive consistent growth and lead the Business Development team of five, and grow it to 15 by end of 2021.
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the sales team
- Design and implement a strategic sales plan to meet the growth targets of the business
- Own recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- Sales team spirit, motivation and collaboration
- Being a soundboard for everything and anything within the sales cycle
- Support the team in negotiation and closing deals
- Push the interests of the new business team throughout the company
- Personal development, progression and up-skilling
- Has excelled in a start-up or agency sales lead role for at least 3-5 years
- Holistic understanding of the marketing landscape
- Familiar with Marketing and is eager to impact the future of the industry
- Excellent team leader with previous experience up-skilling a developing team
- Confident in coaching, training and supporting a sales team to achieve their full potential
- Experience in training new systems that can streamline our approach
- Someone with a strong understanding of forecasting, CRM
- A natural supportive motivator
- An empathetic team leader with strong emotional intelligence
- Optimistic to the core, yet equally logical and data driven
- A great listener prepared to be a soundboard for some real out-of-the-box thinking
- Passionate about the full sales cycle
- Most importantly someone who really cares about the team and their development
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.