Brilliant new opportunity for a true business all-rounder with a passion for music and arts to head operations for this ground-breaking, inspirational organisation who pave the way in developing talent and creative output, championing music of black origin and working closely with the youth community to harness and promote talent through an innovative development and education programme.
Following a successful round of funding, this is a truly exciting time to join the team as they scale operations, build the team and relocate to a state-of-the-art facility/ shared creative space in East London.
As part of the senior leadership team, this role will deputise for the Chief Executive, running day to day business operations.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Team management and Business Capability: Lead, manage, inspire and develop a team of 3. Ensure project outcomes across the organisation are met
- Business Planning: Central role in developing the organisation's short, medium and long-term operational and strategic planning
- Budget and Financial Management: Develop and manage annual revenue budgets and cash flow. Responsible for financial control systems and working in conjunction with accountant and book-keeper to produce management accounts.
- Revenue Development and Business Opportunities: Identify and develop opportunities for additional revenue through external commercial relationships and drive initiatives to maximise use and revenue potential of the site. Manage associated reporting
- HR and Business Policies: Develop and keep under review, relevant organisation policies. Implement systems in line with company policy and statutory requirements including HR processes, taking advice from outsourced specialists as required
- Spokesperson and Communications: Represent the organisation externally, relevant to the remit of the post. Deputise for the Chief Executive, as required.
- Partnership Management: Identify, develop and maintain local, regional, and national partnerships. Develop volunteer support for this area of the organisation's work.
- Business qualification or equivalent senior business operations experience, managing a high performing team
- Experience gained in general operational management at a small company or a department of a larger organization in a music industry, education or social enterprise context.
- Commercial acumen and strong numeracy skills, alongside a track record of income generation and experience managing a profit and loss account in excess of £500k per annum.
- Experience of successfully managing and developing external relationships and partnerships
- A passion and a commitment to the principles and practice of Equal Opportunities, diversity and inclusion both within the workplace and wider community
- A passion for the development and support of Arts and Culture across a truly diverse landscape
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.