Head of UX - London
Permanent, up to 80K plus bonus and perks
start in August
Our client is a fantastic multi-brand business spreading across many platforms, specialising in advertising boards. They are now looking for a Head of UX Design to lead their vibrant UX and design team on a permanent basis.
They are currently going through a lot of changes and will be implementing a range of updates and innovations across their services.
They have multiple development teams working in a strong agile environment and are striving to become a technology-first organisation.
As the Head of UX Design, you will be responsible for a range of projects across UX and graphic design working closely with Product teams.
They have a separate Research and Development teams so the experience of managing UX design in collaboration with wider product teams is essential.
As a Head of UX your day to day tasks will include:
- Create a seamless User Experience for all users and clients alike by working with the in-house research team to find the best interface solutions for the business.
- Work with product and development teams across the business to determine their UX Design needs.
- Managing, coaching and mentoring the UX team members (circa 6 employees), resource hiring and development tasks, including managing and measuring personal development programs and training needs of your team.
- Monitoring, testing and finding new solutions, checking for new software, upgrading used packages and assigning/ordering hardware if necessary.
- Preparing UX guidelines supported by our research team which will help us implement design solutions across all our products.
- Work closely with the design team to ensure a consistent brand's visual identity.
- Analyse and tackle UX weaknesses and implement efficient and continuous testing of their products (Web and mobile)
- Stay on top of the newest UX trends and news by research, reading, attending conferences and training.
As the next Head of UX you have:
- Solid experience in a management/ lead role either Agency or Client-side and at least 4 years of hands-on UX design experience.
- Proven track record of leading a UX team to successfully deliver at least one large-platform UX design project.
- Experience creating, documenting and implementing customer experience strategy across different products.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies, good technical knowledge and understanding of product teams structures and workflows.
- Ability to develop user experiences that serve both B2C and B2B customers.
- Analytical thinking, data and research savvy.
- Great people skills and abili0ty to mentor and share knowledge with your colleagues. Ideally experienced in resource development projects, training and training budget management.
- Expert user of Axure Pro, Invision, Sketch and Adobe CC, interest in researching and testing new technology and happy to train your staff.
The company offers a very competitive salary along with a 10% bonus, extensive benefits package along with great personal development opportunities.
This role will involve some UK travel.
Sounds good? Apply now or get in touch with Dagmara Kukla via LinkedIn to find out more!
Thanks for reading :)
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.