Head of Writer Relations
Salary Negotiable DOE
Handle Recruitment is working with a leading Music company to find a Head of Writer Relations to join their team in London. The role will focus on delivering the best service possible for songwriters and composers, with the aim of acquiring, developing and retaining members. The role will lead and direct the Writer Relations team in a rapidly changing, increasingly competitive international environment.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the Writer Relations team to deliver significant increases in member satisfaction
Managing Senior Account Managers across the UK
- Building and maintaining relationships with writer members, as well as with their business managers, accountants and lawyers
- Adopting best practice to achieve business excellence in relationship management and membership retention in order to preserve and protect the top earning segment of writer members
- Retaining and growing the overall membership to support licensing initiatives and repertoire promotion as defined by corporate strategy
- Seeking out synergies, business opportunities and/or best business practices across the international music industry
- Continually seeking to improve the service provided to members by contributing new and creative ideas and delivering the resulting changes as appropriate.
- Recruiting, leading, developing and motivating the Writer Relations team to ensure effectiveness and maximum productivity in delivering objectives and nurture individual career opportunities
- Setting and meeting performance targets and operational objectives in support of membership development strategy
The ideal candidate will possess:
- An established track record in the music industry with proven, industry wide relationships across a broad spectrum
- Strong understanding and knowledge of the rapidly changing global music industry with experience in music publishing, artist management and/or the recording sector
- Proven ability to manage and direct a high performing team exceeding revenue, operational and cost objectives through a period of growth and change
- Clear and demonstrable understanding of new business models and the capacity to rapidly address change
- Proven ability to devise and develop business plans and commercial strategies
- A track record in building excellent relationships, as well as communication and negotiation skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to take on a pivotal role within a leading Music organisation. Immediate interview for successful candidates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.