Are you passionate about workplace learning and training development?
Can you quickly and effectively resolve learning needs and build instructionally-sound synchronous and asynchronous training materials to meet those needs? If so, keep reading...
The Instructional Designer works with business partners to identify training needs and build instructor- led, computer-based, and virtual training using ground breaking technology and innovative solutions. You will challenge learners' understanding through meaningful activities, author measurable learning objectives, and develop materials that promote transfer, retention, and application. You'll work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where quality, creativity, and accountability are tradition.
- Consumer Tech product knowledge essential
- Experience in sales or good understanding of Sales Skills
- Experience in working collaboratively with peers and different stake-holders on multi- faceted projects Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with fluency in English.
The main responsibilities of this role revolve around designing and developing learning resources to empower sales people to be passionate advocates, able to deliver the best possible customer experience to the people they interact with in their sales conversations.
Be able to test, deliver or prepare other facilitators to deliver some of the material that has been developed.
Capture feedback and constantly innovate and improve the developed resources, to ensure a maximum efficiency, impact and retention.
This role requires a strong ability to coordinate complex projects related to the development training material. It will be essential for this person to work closely with different route to markets, World Wide team partners, country sales training teams.
Collaborate in or drive training needs analysis campaigns.
Collaborate in, drive design or design and development of sales training material both for
internal sales teams and channel partners sales staff.
Product training related to selling in the following environments and market areas:
Carriers (Stores and Contact Centre sales staff)
- Consumer/Retail (Stores sales staff)
- Business (Stores, HQ and Contact Centre sales staff)
- Education (Stores and HQ sales staff)
- Sales skills and products training
- Soft skills training
- Trainers' facilitation skills and development training
Manage sometimes external content developers to ensure developed learning resources align to Apple's sales training material standards, whatever the type of resource:
- Virtual classroom training material
- Classroom training material
- In-Store training material
- Mobile training material
- Pilot and test different new learning resources as required.
- Help to prepare Train the Trainer sessions deliveries.
- Deliver occasionally Train the Trainer or training sessions.
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.