Handle are currently in partnership with an instantly recognisable global eCommerce brand, who are looking for an Interim Data Scientist. The successful candidate will work specifically with their Tax and Technology teams across multiple regions.
My client is looking for an experienced Data Scientist/Analyst who can perform hands-on data investigations and make recommendations to improve data quality on large sets.
Key responsibilities include -
- Partner with global Tax and Technology teams to create and implement globally scalable processes and solutions
- Define business requirements for technical development based on analysis of data sets
- Perform hands on detailed data research and analysis of a large financial data set; investigate, troubleshoot and resolve data quality issues.
- Explain technical/financial concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide audience
Candidate requirements -
- Experience with data investigation across business processes/business systems, especially SQL proficiency pulling data from various sources.
- Experience with indirect tax, especially VAT/GST.
- Strong critical thinking, excellent communication skills, and ability to influence.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment and build effective working relationships inside and outside of the group.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.