We at Handle are currently working with one of the UK's fastest growing start-ups assisting them with their search for a qualified Interim Financial Controller. They require someone to take on their role at short notice and remain in the position until they secure a permanent hire, they are anticipating this being for circa 5 months.
Working closely with the senior leadership team and reporting into the CFO your duties would include:
- Manage monthly management accounts process, including variance analysis, reporting and reconciliations
- Prepare the statutory accounts and manage tax compliance
- Document our processes and develop our control framework, evaluating and managing risk
- Coordinate our Audit process
- Drive process improvements with a focus on efficiency through automation whether this means process change using excel/Xero, implementing new add-on software or working with our product team to build internal software
- Setup of our international entities and manage their compliance
- Be responsible for our AP process
- Support the Head of Business Operations and Founders with budget forecast and cash flow forecast analysis
- Develop a culture of partnering across the business
All applicants MUST be full qualified accountants (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) and have worked in a managerial role within a fast paced business previously. Those with professional services experience will be looked on more kindly.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.