Handle are excited to be partnering with a Digital Tech company, as we are on the search for an International Tax Manager, who will be reporting into Director and Regional Controller to work in their Canary Wharf office.
- Responsibility for Global tax, VAT, payroll, corporate tax compliance and returns.
- Be the point person on international Indirect tax issues including BEPS, Permanent Establishment evaluations and transfer pricing compliance. This position would be the first point of contact for each Business Unit/Line of Business.
- Work closely with the International Regional Controllers to evaluate the likely impact on tax developments
- Work closely with the BU/LOB IT fulfilment systems group to enable system changes to reflect tax developments (invoices and mapping to the GL), including maintaining taxability matrices to document tax decisions
- Work closely with the Consolidations team to enable new GL codes to be created to ensure appropriate accounting of any tax liabilities
- Prepare any necessary international indirect tax registrations.
- Prepare and remit routine indirect tax compliance
- Prepare indirect tax account reconciliations
- Manage international indirect tax audits
- Take responsibility for the preparation and execution of intercompany transfer pricing agreements
- Implement best practice processes
- Perform other duties as assigned by the International controllers.
- Co-ordinate tax matters with peers in Europe and the US.
- Monitor international tax developments (e.g. changes in legislation, regulations and in business operations) and communicate the necessary recommendations associated with such developments.
- Work closely with business operations, finance, legal, marketing and accounting departments to ensure solid understanding of existing products and/or new products or regional marketing efforts; including a solid understanding of revenue streams by product by business unit.
- Timely resolve tax issues and questions for business units.
- Maintain a constant understanding of domestic and international legal entity structure.
- Demonstrated successful knowledge and of working within a Multi National Corporation structure with hands on experience of accounting or managing a foreign operation.
- Demonstrated success in working in a multi-currency environment and driving awareness of tax regulatory changes.
- Demonstrated successful working knowledge of VAT and transfer pricing principles.
- Have accounting and tax knowledge with strong evidence of Tax research and outcome recommendations.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills; oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross functional groups: CFO, business partners, Corporate Tax, accounting teams.
- Be able to work to tight deadlines.
- Be a quick learner and adaptable.
- Excellent communication (written and Oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Chartered Accountant certified
- Degree level education.
- Qualified Tax Accountant.
- 5+ years of Tax accounting and research experience in a Corporate tax environment.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.