Senior Data Analyst
6-month contract - upto£500 day-rate
Handle are currently working with a Global Broadcaster who are looking for a Senior Data Analyst within the Data Strategy & Analytics team. This person will work as both a technical business resource and data analyst to help prioritise requirements based on value and effort, perform data analysis and drive actionable insights.
This person will be a key technical member of analytical projects from the beginning stages of requirements gathering all the way through final product delivery. As a Senior Data Analyst, you will, therefore, have to have strong analytics experience and be someone who is comfortable working with various tools and methodologies.
This will be a hands-on technical role, which will require the ability to assess gaps in functionality and ensure they are corrected to suit the business needs.
The Senior Data Analyst you must be comfortable with the connection and analysis of large, disparate data sets from a variety of sources in order to better understand viewers, increase consumer engagement, optimise ad placement, and improve marketing. This person will need both creativity and attention to detail as they envision and build data solutions that change the face of the TV industry.
Responsibilities Senior Data Analyst:
- Work closely with the Data Technology team to scope, document, extract, transform and load new data sources
- Measure & analyse data quality and performance for analytics
- Test & QA data coming from various sources to make sure it is legible, clean and transformed before reporting is performed
- Proficiency & advanced level understanding of MS Excel is a must
- A sound grasp of Adobe Analytics and other reporting tools
- Hands-on, extensive & proven experience (at least 3 years) with data visualisation tools (especially Tableau, MicroStrategy)
- Deep experience in developing queries and reporting based upon user requirements
- Thorough understanding of data modelling and relational/non-relational databases
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of CRM tools
- Hands-on experience of statistical packages such as R or the Python scientific stack (NumPy, SciPy, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (RedShift, S3, EC2, EMR, etc.)
- Understanding of OTT video services and direct to consumer technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or Data Science
Do get in touch ASAP with Kathryn.Thorpe(@)handle.co.uk / 02075699981 to discuss the details further. Our client with interview as soon as next week.
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.