Handle are excited to be working with an amazing well-known retailer who are recruiting for a Junior Internal Auditor to join their team based in their offices in Central London. The Junior Internal Auditor will be responsible for supporting the internal Audit team.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Maintains and develops awareness of risk issues and changes across the relevant business units
- Strong analytical skills and common sense approach to ensure audit recommendations are relevant, practical and make commercial sense
- Builds relationships with business staff and managers
- Works with management across the business to analyse issues
- Meets regularly with key stakeholders to review issues and best practices
- Awareness of best practices and alternative approaches in the retail industry
- Responsibility for the execution and testing to support assignment audits, financial reviews, and special projects.
- Performs financial reviews and special projects arising from the request of company management, and prepares appropriate schedules and reports as necessary
- Present audit findings and issues to senior management and help agree action plans
- Develops relationships with key stakeholders and business partners to influence control strengthening
- Complete follow up reviews to ensure all action plans agreed have been implemented and are mitigating the risk to an appropriate level
- Support with the tracking, validation and reporting of open actions raised from operational audits
- Maintain both department wide risk registers and outstanding recommendation audit logs
- Increasing awareness of the Internal Audit department
- Support the team in facilitating the review and management of risk within the business.
The successful candidate will be proactive and an excellent communicator, you will preferably be part qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA and have experience in internal auditing.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.