Lead Android Developer
6 months contract based in West London
very competitive day rates
Handle is working with a Global TV network to help them find a Lead Android Developer. In this initial 6 months contract, your role will focus on the creation of new world-class features of a bespoke built VoD platform. This is a Lead role so you will have to have experience in both leading a team and product architecture. It's a long-term project so there is a high chance that the contract will be extended multiple times.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Architecture and programming for mobile applications for Android devices, both phones and tablets. for a high usability native VoD platform.
- Leading a team of senior mobile developers using creative thinking & abstract, technical problem-solving.
- Participation in software design, estimation of development tasks, testing, QA process, pair programming,
troubleshooting & code debugging and testing.
- Extensive experience with VoD or OTT or any video or streaming tech.
- Few years of Android development with including Android SDK, Java and Android Studio
- At least 6 months in a Lead role on a large platform project.
- RxJava (RxJava2 ideal), Dagger (Dagger2)
- Any commercial experience with Kotlin highly desirable
- Comfortable dealing with API's and utilising REST / JSON interfaces
- Knowledge of development methodologies & processes ( Agile / Waterfall etc )
- Knowledge & appreciation of UX processes
- Experience with Continuous Integration, CD, Git and version control
- Unit testing and TDD
- Playstore procedures
- Experience with server-side software development technologies, e.g. C/C++, Java,
- UX or IA experience.
APPLY NOW OR CONTACT Dagmara Kukla via LinkedIn
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.