Lead DevOps Engineer / AWS
We currently have a Principal DevOps Engineer opportunity available for an internationally recognised eCommerce company who's offices based in Watford. This is a great opportunity for someone to come on board and continue building the DevOps team within an Agile and cloud / AWS environment.
You'll be responsible for improving and maintaining the infrastructure and systems. Within the development team, designing and building environments which are secure, scalable and reliable.
Ideal * leading and mentoring a team and setting a strategic direction
- Track record of architecting and running Cloud (ideally AWS) platforms at scale.
- Strong automation skills (e.g. Docker, Puppet, Ansible, Chef,)
- OS, Firewalls, Load balancers, DNS
- Comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Strong Operational skills (monitoring and troubleshooting)
- Experience in design of patching, Software defined networking topologies and deployment frameworks
- Delivers early and iterates to world class performance
Nice to haves:
- Keen interest in/understanding of Java based software development
- Coding or scripting skills (e.g. Golang, Ruby, Python, Rust, Bash, Java)
- Familiarity with Cassandra, other NoSQL DB.
- Kafka Kinesis or similar.
- Experience of architecting secure highly available hosting environments for production and development.
If this role sounds of interest and please send your CV through or call Robert on 0207 569 9971
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.