Lead Engineer - Hosting & Operations (Media/Broadcast)
Interested in working on the leading edge of digital and broadcast technology?
Experienced with AWS / Amazon Web Services?
You will be the champion of the London based support team. This role will involve you leading and supporting your team responsible for:
- Developing, implementing & maintaining cloud & infrastructure services
This team will be providing a crucial service that will impact the company nationally. You will also be working with global support teams to ensure both internal and external systems maintain global standards.
- Technology ownership (onprem, cloud and colo)
- Looking at available technologies and road maps to plan for improvements
- Provide technical support in production, development and QA environments
- Ensuring delivery, in line with local and global objectives
Essential understanding & skills:
- Experience working as a team lead
- Experience of Hosting platform tech ownership
- AWS certification or equivalent experience
- Experience with redhat, Ubuntu, Solaris, Centos
- Operating System installation, configuration and general administration for Linux and VMware experience
- Ansible, Shell scripting experience
- Experience deploying code via Jenkins, Chef, Gitlab
- Apache/NGINX Web server installation, configuration and general administration
Desirable understanding & skills:
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networks, routers, firewalls, load balancers and DNS.
- Usage of monitoring tools including Cacti and Nagios
- Sparc/Solaris Operating System installation, configuration and general administration including virtualization
- Mysql administration
Hosting engineer / Infrastructure Engineer / AWS Engineer / Operations Engineer / Operations Developer / Managing Developer / Software Manager / Cloud Engineer /
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.