Lead Software Developer
Central London + benefit package
Handle have partnered with a major international publisher to help them find a lead software developer for their internal publishing platform.
This is a very exciting role which will involve architecture, test delivery and maintenance of their custom in-house software which integrates over twenty Adobe tools used for editing and publishing to a bespoke platform.
Main responsibilities as Lead Developer / Architect:
- You will design, develop and test bespoke software using Xcode and front end technologies
- Implement innovative solutions and automate the processes of publishing
- Document code using Github on a daily basis so it is correctly backed up, oversee all repositories and work flow of the team of engineers, make sure all code is organised to the highest standard
- Collaborating with publishing and IT department to assure smooth testing, functionality and implementation of new solutions
- Working in a Agile Environment using best TDD practices.
As Lead Developer / Architect you need to have:
- Experience designing and implementing software architecture - ideally in publishing industry
- Expertise in Macs and Adobe applications
- Expertise in XML and XSLT
- Knowledge of Mac OS X, Shell scripting.
- Experience of using a source control management system (currently Git)
- Experience of using an issue tracking system (currently Github)
- Expertise Test Driven Development approach (TDD)
- Experience in software implementation and deployment
"Nice to have" skills and experience:
- XML, InDesign DOM, Photoshop DOM, Illustrator DOM, Acrobat DOM, Shell Script, Apple script
- Experience working on an integration project to Mac environment
- Any relevant automation tools development
APPLY NOW! Or get in touch with Dagmara Kukla on LinkedIn for more details.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.