Handle are proud to be working with one of the UK's leading Music and Media companies - located in North-West London.
Our client is seeking an efficient Licensing Coordinator to oversee the companies' rights and clearances. As this is a Coordinator level position, you should have copyright knowledge and experience of working in the music and/or TV industry in a Business Affairs, Rights & Clearances, or Licensing capacity.
This is a 6 month opportunity working part-time. There is potential for the role to convert to permanent after the 6 months. There is flexibility with the part-time hours (either 3 full days or 5 shorter days - working 22.5 hours a week).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate Production staff throughout each phase of production; acting in an advisory role on clearances, issues, costs/budgeting and risk assessment
- Negotiating rates and securing rights for music & 3rd party material
- Working closely with Production and Production Management - suggesting cost-saving options and alternatives
- Reviewing, drafting, and revising agreements. Ensuring that licenses are executed and invoices are paid in a timely manner
- Sending Guest Release Forms for all in-house shoots and log rights once signed
- Secure and review music cue sheets and all show paperwork from Producers upon delivery of content. Reporting discrepancies or missing information to Producers
- Ensuring all signed agreements and completed show paperwork is scanned and saved
- Logging content clearance terms and rights information
- Assisting with clip licensing business when needed
- Setting up Suppliers in Market (accounting system) and raising POs
- Assisting with writing and presenting Rights & Clearances Workshops to client groups
Skills, Experience and Personal Attributes:
- Knowledge/experience in the music and/or TV industry in a business affairs, rights & clearances, or licensing capacity
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills - ability to write effective and persuasive clearance request letters.
- Ability to read and interpret contracts and summarise rights information accurately
- An understanding of legal issues that may affect clearances
- Excellent organisational time management skills with experience meeting deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to use initiative and work independently as well as part of a team
- An understanding of liability
- A passion for the music and media industries.
If you meet the requirements listed above and are keen to be considered - please do not hesitate and apply today. The process is moving very quickly - candidates must therefore be available at no more than 1 weeks' notice.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.