New opportunity to work for a leading publisher within their Licensing team to drive monthly sales of content including editorial, photographic, video & brand and rights. This is a great opportunity to join an ambitious and ever growing organisation with a passion for quality content and storytelling.
- You will be driving monthly sales to achieve and exceed personal and team targets.
- You will need to build strong relationships with clients through regular phone calls and
- face to face meetings.
- Cold call where appropriate to develop business opportunities.
- Want to develop innovative and original sales packages for your clients.
- Naturally develop strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders e.g. Contributors and Editorial departments to establish content rights and clearances.
- Preparation of term sheets and (in conjunction with legal) contracts.
- Work with the accounts and credit control teams to minimise bad debt.
- End to end administration of your own sales including preparation of term sheets, preparation of contracts (with legal team) and invoicing.
- Occasionally working a weekend shift and Bank Holidays on a rota basis.
Who we are looking for:
- Have proven prospecting, negotiation and closing skills.
- Excellent understanding of the sales cycle, including personal and departmental performance against targets.
- Good understanding of best practice and opportunities across the industry.
- Knowledge of the European media landscape preferred but not essential.
- Experienced in contract negotiation.
- Have experience of working in content licensing for media organisations or photographic agencies or within business information sales.
- It would be great if you had a network of contacts across the European editorial industry.
- You will have worked within a sales focused environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with customers and key stakeholders.
- Work under pressure to ensure customer deadlines are achieved
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.