LINUX Specialist/AWS Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Hosting & Operations Engineer for one of the world's leading broadcasters, to provide support through, and development of, the client's web hosting platform in line with their hosting strategy and requirements.
- Strong Linux (Centos & Ubuntu) Experience
- Operating System installation, configuration and general administration for Linux and VMware
- Apache/NGINX Web server installation, configuration and general administration
- Amazon Web Services
- Shell scripting
- Code deployment via Jenkins, Chef and Gitlab
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networks, routers, firewalls, load balancers and DNS
- Usage of monitoring tools including Cacti and Nagios
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance, development, and systems administration of the client's hosting platform, both physical and virtual.
- To deliver against the business strategic objectives that utilise/maximise the overall technology infrastructure as directed.
- To provide a point of escalation for all issues pertaining to the availability, security and performance of all VIMN's online machines, in both the production and development/QA environment.
- To maintain a technical understanding of the security layers and standards those are appropriate for the risks faced by the business.
- To participate in service relationships with third party ISPs and other providers in order to ensure maximum performance and availability for all of the client's European web properties.
- To provide input and maintenance of technology strategy that, in turn, forms part of the overall Technology strategy.
- Broadcast industry experience
If you feel your skill set matches the above requirements, please send your CV through or contact Chris on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.