Handle is working with a Global Entertainment Company to recruit an experienced contract Linux Systems Administrator.
Working as part of the Business Systems and Infrastructure Team you will be responsible for the maintenance and development of the company's systems and server infrastructure.
As the Linux Systems Administrator (Contractor) you will:
- Be responsible for a project to design, document and implement a new Ubuntu Linux configuration and system management solution so that new Linux servers can be automatically built and configured from pre-defined templates, and so that security and other patches can be easily deployed
- Migrate all existing Linux servers to this new standard
- Work with the application development team to put in place procedures for managing, deploying and testing new code (primarily PHP) from development to staging and production servers
- Create configuration and operational documentation, and train other members of the IT team in how to manage Linux servers using the new configuration and system management solution
- Resolve issues relating to Linux server systems which are escalated to you
- Have extensive experience of working as an administrator within a Linux environment (mainly Debian and Ubuntu), including the development of management scripts
- Have experience of implementing and working with configuration and system management with tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Spacewalk or Chef
- Have experience of managing, configuring and supporting common Linux webserver applications, including Apache, PHP and MySQL
- Have experience of working with and supporting application development teams (primarily PHP development)
- Have experience of working with source control tools, especially Git
- Be skilled in network technologies including having an understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and IP routing, and be able to troubleshoot network and internet connectivity issues, etc.
- Have the ability to form good, effective working relationships with all levels of staff
- Be able to use initiative, work with minimum supervision, organise your time effectively, and deliver to agreed timescales
- Have a record of producing accurate detailed reports, of paying attention to detail and of working to agreed standards
- Have high documentation standards, including configuration documentation for supported systems, standard operational procedures, and request for change and service incident documentation
- Have a positive "can do" attitude
- Be a team player who enjoys working in a high achieving environment
- Have a commitment to delivering the best
- Experience of VMware vSphere
- Experience of Microsoft Azure IaaS hosting services
- Have experience of hardening and configuring Linux servers to meet CIS and PCI DSS standards
- Experience of MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server, including configuring Linux server applications to communicate with Microsoft SQL Server
- Be knowledgeable and have experience of the core Microsoft technologies: Windows, Active Directory, Exchange Server, etc.
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.