Handle is working with a leading Digital Media Agency to recruit a Lead Solutions Architect.
You will be responsible for Technical delivery across a number of E-learning Implementations
You will define the technical strategy to support the vision of the Product Owner and clients, whilst improving
data security, performance, maintainability, re-usability and other key NFRs.
You will lead the team of developers and Tech Leads responsible for the
maintenance and ongoing evolution of these platforms. You will be the bridge to other disciplines in the agency and
work closely with our key clients.
You will take ownership of all technical aspects of the platforms from technical
roadmaps, software upgrades and release management to hosting infrastructure, branching strategies, CI
and development processes, working in close collaboration with the product
You will grow the existing team by making the hires needed to deliver against the roadmaps and have direct
line management responsibilities for Tech Leads, architects and developers.
You will ensure all technical solutions are architected to leverage the capabilities of Totara and minimise
What your day will look like
You will oversee multiple concurrent work-streams, providing support to the team and will take on the role of Tech
Lead/Architect for larger projects.
You will work closely with clients and other disciplines to agree solutions to
You will define (or sign off) the technical approach for those solutions.
You will support the product management team with overseeing third party suppliers.
You will be the go-to technical person for new projects or new-biz opportunities related to our client's LMS
Key Role Requirements
- A track record of leading end-to-end technical delivery for large and
complex multi-channel digital platform(s)
- Experience of LMS platforms, particularly Totara/Moodle is a major
advantage. "Alternatively, demonstrable experience of successfully
delivering large CMS-driven projects with no prior experience of the
platform is a MUST
- Previous success in identifying and implementing improvements to
technical processes or ways of working to drive quality and efficiencies
- Experience in managing, securing, hardening and optimising AWS
cloud infrastructure with strong understanding of Linux OS
- A development background in PHP, expert working knowledge of
Git and the ability to identify the right branching strategies to meet
the platform needs.
- Experience of CI testing and deployment tools
- Confident in consulting with and presenting to clients and internal
- Demonstrable understanding of key non-functional requirements
and methodologies for achieving those
- Ability to demonstrate good solution design and experience of
various technical documentation tasks
- Experience of delivering iOS and Android native apps
- Experience of managing third party and off-shore development
- Good experience and knowledge of Agile and Waterfall delivery
- Experience of implementing DevOps processes
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to balance and
prioritise multiple parallel work-streams
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.