Live Booking Agent
Do you organise stand-up comedy gigs in your current role or as something you do outside of work? Do you love all things comedy? Are you looking to forge a career combining something you're good at as well as something you have a real passion for? Then this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
In the role of Live Booking Agent you will work with the Head of Department to book gigs and tours for comedians to perform around the country.
Responsibilities also include:
- Invoicing for gigs and chasing payments to ensure the acts are paid
- You will work alongside the marketing and press department to coordinate marketing for gigs
- You will liaise with the artist management department regarding plans for current and prospective clients
- Administration tasks
- You will need to attend and assist with the running of shows and productions in London and across the UK
- Issuing contracts and riders for gigs to the venues and artists and ensuring that they are signed and returned in good time
- Liaising with venues, tour managers and acts to make sure they have all the necessary information for the gig before and following up afterwards, dealing with any problems.
- Booking warm-ups for tours and previews prior to the Edinburgh Fringe.
- Monitoring sales figures and working with the venue and internal press and marketing department to sell as many tickets as possible for each event.
- Building relationships with venues and working to expand the number of venues we work with, and the acts that they book.
Ideal candidate will have:
- A true passion for comedy
- Great negotiation skills and if you have prior sales experience then even better!
- Someone who is highly numerate with knowledge of excel and the ability to pick up different databases and processes with ease
- You will need to be willing to work out of hours as the job requires
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.