Handle are currently working with a well-known music label assisting them with their search for a qualified (ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) Management Accountant to take on a 6 month interim role.
The role has come about due to expansion and so could well be extended, reporting into a Senior Finance Manager your day to day duties will include:
- All aspects of the monthly management accounts
- Liaising with A&R, Legal and the head office to prepare cash forecasts for advances, artist/ writer costs and overheads
- Overseeing reconciliation of cashbooks to the GL
- Ensuring departmental financial processes are working as they should through the finance assistant and Reading office- sales invoicing, purchasing, expenses, recharge accounts
- Reviewing revenue posted by the finance assistant
- Posting month end royalty accruals
- Liaising with Label and Publishing partners
- Supporting all royalty/ copyright matters
- Reviewing and tracking income from societies
- Prepare revenue, direct cost and overhead analysis for review by Head of Finance
- Ensuring adequate controls are in place, with adherence to existing policies
- Preparing Balance Sheet reconciliations for review by Head of Finance
- Preparing month end report packs including variance analysis and commentary
The successful candidate will be an qualified Management Accountant (ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) who has ideally worked for a music business before. Royalty accounting experience is also highly desirable.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.