An excellent opportunity for a Management Accountant has just risen with a growing and leading Media business in London. Working within a dynamic and fast-paced finance team the Management Accountant will be responsible for management accounts, forecasting, audit enquiries, review of royalty statements and analysis of commercial revenue and cost.
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assist the Commercial Finance Manager with the financial aspects of commercial activity such as forecasting and analysis of commercial revenue and costs.
- Assist with management accounts and commercials, including income recognition and analysis.
- Produce the monthly management accounts packs which include the P&L, Balance Sheet, Trial Balance, Overhead Analysis, Development spend, Debtors and Creditors reports.
- Intercompany reconciliations.
- Review overhead forecasts and process overhead accrual journals
- Variance analysis
- Assist with setting up finance processes for a new trading division.
- Liaise with the Commercial Finance Manager to prepare the commercial financial forecast comprising multiple projects across various revenue streams.
- Check incoming royalty statements and revenues.
- Assist in preparing responses to audit queries.
- Skills, Qualifications
- A demonstrable interest in the commercial elements of the business and wider industry themes and issues
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to review processes with clarity and create efficiencies
- Articulate with advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
- A proactive and responsible attitude to workload, with a propensity to own the key duties of the role
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Part ACCA / CIMA qualified (or equivalent) with at least one year experience within another business
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.