A Leading International Media company in Central London are looking for a Management Accountant to join their dynamic team on a contract basis. Supporting the Finance Manager the Management Accountant will be responsible for efficient and accurate business reporting to key stakeholders, providing management with timely information within the agreed time frames and producing, reconciling and analysing financial information.
- To assist in developing existing reporting, identifying shortcomings and addressing inefficiencies to improve overall team effectiveness.
- Working with IT to understand and explain variances and SAP (distributor system) on a monthly basis.
- Calculating monthly returns and markdowns provision - using historical trends to estimate provision required
- Working with Commercial Planning team to forecast
- Post monthly provision and provide high-level analysis
- Ensuring that deferred income and accrued costs are accurate in the Balance Sheet and P&L
- Calculating fee for Sales, according to contract terms
- Helping Assistant Management Accountant to resolve sales errors during the month and reconciling the sales between systems at month-end
- Reconciling relevant balance sheet accounts after each month end
- Creating quarterly balance sheet dashboard with commentary
- Providing information for annual statutory audit and other compliance / participation audits as required
- Cash flow forecasting - forecasting net revenue by customer and performing analysis on variance to actuals alongside Assistant Management Accountant
- Being proactive in identifying inefficiencies in all processes, communicating impacts and proposing solutions to automate and improve.
- Helping to ensure all accounting is in line with company policies and procedures
- Involvement in self-testing for quarterly and annual SOX processes
Skills and Knowledge: Essential
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Intermediate Excel skills (Pivot Tables and VLOOKUPs)
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills
- Organised and able to effectively prioritise tasks
- Experience of stock / returns accounting
- Experience of dealing with a US parent company
- Experience using JD Edwards, Hyperion
- Strong team player
- Good attention to detail
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.