Handle have teamed up with a Private Equity Backed Film Production Company to recruit a Management Accountant! This is an great role for a newly qualified accountant looking for a position in a creative, up-beat, production environment!
Reporting to the Finance Director, and working closely with Production Accountants for a variety of productions the Management Accountant will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the month-end close down process across the group (ensuring correct revenue recognition)
- Monthly close down journals and balance sheet reconciliations (eg payroll journals, intercompany reconciliations, prepayments and accruals, etc).
- Review and scrutiny of the figures. Preparation of board pack numbers for the Finance Director.
- Overseeing the production accounts process for all live productions: working with our Head of Production on the budgets for each show; setting up internal cost managers; cash-flowing, forecasting and reconciling the cost managers with our Production Accountant; dealing with foreign currencies; and maintaining a strong relationship with Production Managers.
- Coordinating the monthly payroll process for PAYE and self-employed staff with our outsourced payroll company.
- Control of the group-wide petty cash position. This involves ordering and issuing floats and maintaining a live reconciliation of all current outstanding balances as well as working with the Accounts Assistant to ensure they are received in good time.
- Working with the Accounts Assistant to ensure that credit cards are reconciled regularly.
- Ensuring that control procedures and policies are adhered to within each production.
- Assistance with the annual audit and first point of contact with the audit team.
- Working with department heads to review and improve current processes in addition to investigating and amending any legacy discrepancies.
- Mentoring of the more junior members of the finance team.
Key Skill set:
- Newly qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA or simmilar).
- Demonstrable experience of working to tight deadlines and managing conflicting demands on time, while still delivering accurate results.
- Passion for Production (desirable!)
- Computer literate, with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel).
- High level of organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience of handling confidential and sensitive material.
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.