Are you an immediately available Accountant or Bookkeeper with experience in a broad hands on role in an international business? If so read on!
Our client, a growing music business, are currently looking for an Accountant/Bookkeeper to join them on an initial 3-6 month contract whilst they finalise the company structure. There is therefore a chance the role could be extended/go permanent once the structure is in place.
Working very closely with the UK FD your duties would include but not be limited to:
- Performing all aspects of cash receipt and cash disbursement accounts operations, including daily reconciliation of cash balances and ensuring our vendors are paid on a timely basis
- Working with the US-based Finance team to develop and follow processes for monthly and quarterly closing of the ledger. Specifically, you will: Reconcile balance sheet accounts each month Post inter-company journals
- Analysing and providing commentary on fluctuations/variances in our key accounts each month Consolidate our non-US entities into a financial reporting package (balance sheet, profit and loss, cash flows)
- Preparing VAT filings and returns
- Securing requisite tax withholding firms on an annual basis
- Managing the treasury function for our UK and International bank accounts, including analyses of multiple currencies to mitigate foreign exchange risk.
- Preparing annual statutory reports for Companies House and work with international accountancy firms to assist in preparation for non-UK statutory reporting
- Working with our US-based royalties team to assist in processing and accounting of royalties owed to clients
The desired candidate is someone who is happy to work in a very hands on role who also has the ability to step up, the company is growing fast and ad-hoc work at a higher level will be necessary.
Previous experience of working for a music focussed business is highly desirable but not essential.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.