Our client, an exciting Arts and Entertainment business, is seeking an experienced Management Accountant to join their team.
The role is reporting into the Financial Controller.
The purpose of the role is to carry out effective administration of monthly accounts and assist with accounts to achieve the goals of the Group's Finance Department
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Monthly reconciliation and reporting
- Responsibility for ensuring certain balance sheets accounts are fully reconciled at time periods appropriate to the account.
- Review and maintain the quarterly balance sheet reconciliation files.
- Conduct a monthly overhead review.
- Ad hoc project work as directed by the heads of department.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Production of monthly KPI reports for the Group, including sending the monthly reports to managers.
- Reconciliation of quarterly VAT position and preparation of VAT Returns for the Group.
- Reconciliation and control of the fixed asset register on a monthly basis.
- Provide holiday/sickness cover as necessary.
- To assist the Finance Manager and Financial Controller and undertake additional tasks as instructed by them. This could include; assisting with the production of management and statutory accounts, budgets, forecasts and other ad-hoc reports/projects.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- AAT/ACCA/CIMA qualified accountant or qualified by experience.
- Excellent MS Excel skills.
- Good knowledge of accounting processes and procedures
- Experience with 'Sun' accounts package.
- Experience with 'Q&A' analysis package.
- Interest or experience in an arts / entertainment environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (to integrate with the team, liaise with external contacts and build/enhance positive working relationships).
- A bright, motivated and professional manner.
- A conscientious approach; accurate and with an eye for detail and presentation.
- A proactive approach; using initiative in identifying problems and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Well-organised and adaptable; able to plan workload, manage priorities and respond to changing or ad hoc requirements.
- The ability to build positive working relationships with stakeholders across the business.
- The ability to challenge, advise and influence internal stakeholders in a positive and professional way.
- The ability and desire to understand the business operation and explain complex financial reports clearly.
APPLY NOW TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE ROLE!!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.