Management Accountant - Creative Agency - Central London
Management Accountant required for a independent creative agency based in London. This role is a permanent opportunity reporting in to the Finance Director. The Management Accountant will be responsible for preparing the financial accounts and reports of both the UK and France operations.
This role is ideal for a finalist/newly qualified accountant. Also any ACA candidates who are looking for their first role out of practice. We are looking for a candidate that demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit, strong commercial, a proactive attitude and a drive to learn and develop.
- Preparation of the UK & French management accounts and balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring timeliness and accuracy for reporting back to the Board / Senior Management Team.
- Overseeing the consolidation of group management accounts (feeding in from the Finance Manager (SA) who prepares the accounts for Australia and South Africa).
- Provide meaningful insights and commentary on the management accounts.
- Consolidating forecasts from business heads for inclusion in management accounts.
- Preparation of statutory reporting, liaising with auditors as required.
- Ownership of the accuracy and timeliness of the financial reporting, partnering with our Producer teams to ensure that all project reporting is reflected correctly in our systems.
- Preparation of all UK & France balance sheet reporting - bank reconciliations, prepayments, accruals, fixed asset registers.
- Management of petty cash registers / reconciliations, ensuring staff are provided with T&E budgets.
- Overseeing the AP Clerk to ensure the processing of payment to all creditors and supporting on queries.
- Overseeing the AR Clerk to ensure the processing of billing to all clients debt is recovered on a timely basis
- Supporting the Finance Director on managing working capital, preparation of the UK cashflow, and consolidation of group cashflows on a monthly basis to ensure adequate provisioning.
- Preparation of all UK tax returns, and liaising with French accountants to ensure the return and payment of French taxes.
- Raising ad-hoc invoices and intercompany cross charges as required.
- Supporting / mentoring assistant accountant and support staff.
- Remaining abreast of financial and tax legislation.
- Ideally qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) accountant
- 2:1 and above degree classification
- Proven management accountant experience.
- Strong technical knowledge, abreast of current IFRS/GAAP legislation
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills (formula, modelling and spreadsheet creation)
- Comfortable working with large sets of data
- Able to work autonomously with strong pro-activity
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.