Handle Recruitment are working alongside a leading player in the Film Industry in their search for a Management Accountant. Looking for a dynamic and progressive qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) this position will play a key and front line role in the day to day running and growth of this hugely successful industry player.
Working closely with the CFO and senior management team, the management accountant will be pivotal in delivering key financials and support for the future business plans and development of the company.
On a day to day basis the candidate will be involved in:
- Monthly reporting of Management Accounts to CFO (includes month end process)
- Supporting CFO in updating rolling cash flow and budgeting/forecasting
- Posting transactions and journals (prepayments/accruals etc) across a number of entities including intercompany
- Supporting CFO on cash management
- Accounting for royalty receipts and participations to third parties (including VAT)
- Keeping schedules of Royalties/Statements updated
- Keeping up to date with key filing deadlines etc.
- Updating reconciliations across balance sheet accounts
- VAT submissions
- Processing a low volume of invoices each week, sending for approval and uploading payments
- Acting as a cost controller at all times to assess costs (including procurement reviews)
- Preparing schedules for accountants and auditors (reviewed by CFO)
- Supporting CFO with Consolidation of Group Accounts
The candidate we are looking for will be a qualified accountant and will have had practical experience in producing full sets of management accountants. This hands on accounting role will play a very important part in the day to day running of this finance function and will require a "can do attitude"
XERO system is desirable.
The candidate MUST have experience in working in accounting function within a Film/TV or Media based company and have a huge passion for film.
If this is you, please apply now!!
All successful candidates will be contacted within 2 working days of application. (Sadly due to the high volume of applications we receiving at the moment, we are not always able to respond directly to everyone with feedback)
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.