A superb on-going temporary opportunity has become available for a Rights, Conflicts & Suspense Manager to work in the Global Rights Operations department of a global leader within the Music & Entertainment industry.
This is a management role and the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the global rights conflict resolution process, confirming the company's position across business affairs where rights information is required or outdated, as well as working alongside local teams to provide an optimised end to end process.
Key Responsibilities: -
- Supporting relevant processes for resolving conflicts with other third-party rights holders.
- Supporting the local teams to ensure the process is working effectively.
- Acting as triage to facilitate any necessary rights confirmations with repertoire owners' business affairs teams and ensuring these teams update the necessary global rights system as appropriate.
- Ensuring key conflicts are prioritised and where necessary escalated to stakeholders to ensure timely resolution.
- Generating and distributing reports on how the new process is performing (including revenue assurance and process efficiencies).
- Pro-actively monitoring internal rights clean-up projects and report results back to local teams for resolution with partners where applicable.
- Work with the technical teams and serve as a rights conflicts expert. Design, maintain and document system user guides. Train business users on new software and business processes and provide business support. Create and distribute release notes to accompany new releases translating technical developments into business-relevant language.
- Continually reassessing the new process for dealing with rights conflicts and suspense files and facilitating discussions on how the process can be refined and improved with the local and central operating teams and technical teams.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced, ever changing environment. The candidate will have excellent attention to detail, the capability of taking on new tasks swiftly and able to execute tasks using their own initiative. Strong verbal and written communication skills are imperative and an understanding of the confidentiality of the data is crucial.
Candidate Requirements: -
- 3+ years in the music or similar rights management role, with some cross-functional management or supervisory experience
- Experience with handling disputes at major Music Licensing Companies or other partners an advantage
- A customer focused approach with the ability to engage with all levels of the business.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with international team members, business affairs leads and wider support teams.
- Highly motivated self-starter, with a proactive attitude.
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple priorities.
- Confidently coordinate data projects facilitating delivery to specific timescales.
- Demonstrate ownership of the process to ensure timely resolution by key parties.
- Proven presentation and document drafting skills using Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience using web-based applications.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.