Handle Recruitment is seeking a Marketing & Communications Manager to join a not for profit responsible for the UK's largest youth music festival with circa 9000 young musicians performing across 4 days in July.
As the Marketing & Communications Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing all aspects of marketing and sales activity for the festival, for the duration of the event and in the weeks leading up to the festival
- Overseeing the successful stewardship of sponsors, funders and invited guests at the Festival VIP events
- Leading on the completion of print and digital communications required for the festival e.g. merchandise, event programme, copywriting and proofing
- Delivering the marketing campaign and other initiatives to meet income targets e.g. tickets sales, advertising and merchandising revenue
- Managing relationships with key contacts during the festival e.g. venues and venue box offices, PR agency colleagues and photography
- Managing print stock across venues e.g. ensuring merchandise and print is distributed across venues where necessary
- Working with the Programmes team to successfully manage the event in Birmingham from 3 to 6 July
- Supporting the Digital Communications Manager to develop online materials as necessary, and to exploit social media channels appropriate to engaging audiences with our work
- As a member of the Communications team, contribute to the planning of activities and the preparation of monitoring reports relating to the National Festival as required for internal and external use, in conjunction with other team members.
- Any other duties that may be reasonably required of the Marketing & Communications Manager.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience working within a marketing or communications role, preferably within an arts/events organisation and with direct events experience
- Experience of delivering marketing plans to attract diverse audiences
- Experience of working on a box office or equivalent front of house role
- Track record of delivering successful marketing campaigns, achieving sales/income targets
- Ability to develop effective relationships with a range of stakeholders, such as sponsors, suppliers, venues and marketing agencies
- Interest in the social and educational development of young people through music.
Please get in touch or apply now for a further conversation!
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.