Handle Recruitment is seeking a hands-on, highly organised Marketing & Communications Manager for an educational not for profit in the music and arts sector.
As the Marketing and Communications Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Taking responsibility for the effective marketing and promotion of all events and programmes, locally, regionally and nationally, ensuring that external communications and content, both online and in print, are in keeping with the vision and commitments of supporters
- To manage the overall brand identity of the organisation within the marketing and promotional material produced
- To be responsible for preparing marketing budgets for events and projects, sourcing cost-effective products and services, monitoring expenditure, and reporting at agreed milestones
- To be responsible for meeting marketing related income targets, e.g. ticket sales, advertising and merchandising revenue related to events
- Managing a range of service partners and suppliers e.g. venue box offices and marketing departments, design agencies, printers etc.
- To manage relationships with PR agencies, supporting the drive for increased public profile for the 50th anniversary and associated fundraising initiatives
- To line manage the Digital Communications Manager, developing online presence and resources, and exploiting social media channels as appropriate
- Capturing audience data and maintaining a comprehensive and up to date database (ThankQ), ensuring compliance with GDPR, and delegating to colleagues as appropriate
- To measure the impact of the marketing and communications work, contributing to monitoring and evaluation reports and data returns as required
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Demonstrable experience of working in a marketing or communications role, preferably within an arts or education organisation and with direct events experience
- Experience of creating and implementing marketing and communications plans to attract diverse audiences
- Experience of using a CRM database
- Experience of box office or equivalent, liaising with venue box offices to maximise commercial income
- Track record of achieving sales/income targets
- Experience of managing an agency, income and expenditure budgets
- Experience of negotiating with suppliers to achieve best value, cost-effective marketing and promotions plans
- Understanding of how marketing and comms work supports the fundraising activity
Please get in touch or apply now for a further conversation!
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.