Handle have partnered with one of the world's leading event organisers to recruit a contract Marketing Executive to join the team of one of their fast growing portfolios.
Working closely with the Head of Marketing, the successful candidate will be responsible for the planning and execution of creative marketing campaigns of the highest quality, delivered on time and within budget. The ideal candidate will demonstrate initiative, be a strong communicator and be able to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
This role will be involved in all aspects of the marketing campaign for multiple products including managing and segmenting data, running digital advertising campaigns and creating and sending post event materials. The successful candidate must be able to work independently and execute large campaigns in order to drive qualified leads and hit revenue targets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Driving online traffic with web-related campaigns including social media advertising, PPC and retargeting
- Continuous monitoring and evaluation of digital campaigns/channels and marketing emails, making recommendations to improve performance and drive ROI
- Producing comprehensive post campaign reports and recommendations for future improvements
- Creating and sending post event materials including surveys, presentations and post show reports
- Act as the Pardot "champion" for the portfolio and testing new functionalities and logic to ensure we are using it to maximum effect
- Working alongside central marketing operations on the implementation of projects including new data processes and technology updates
- Extracting insights from internal data sources and helping the marketing team use these to improve real-time campaign performance and segmentation
- Conducting ad hoc analysis and data requests and helping the wider team with customer data queries
- Identifying opportunities for standardised reporting
- Designing and sending marketing emails including fortnightly newsletters
- Keeping the client directory updated, by adding new companies on a regular basis and implementing the marketing plan to generate high quality leads for the sales team and maximise the value that clients receive from their listing
- Maintaining social media pages and tracking results, making recommendations to improve the quality of campaigns
- Maintaining and updating sponsor content on the event websites
- Writing and proofing flawless copy for a range of marketing platforms and materials including websites and social media
- Proactively participating in 121's, team meetings and project meetings, putting forward observations and new ideas to drive the success of both marketing and wider team activities
Key experience required
- Previous experience in a marketing or events role in a B2B environment
- Degree in Marketing, Business or a related field desirable
- A proven track record of implementing successful marketing communications campaigns
- Understanding of database management and segmentation techniques
- Experience using a CRM system - Pardot and Salesforce would be preferred
- Sound knowledge of digital marketing practices and channels such as Google Analytics, SEO, PPC and social media
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
This is a maternity cover contract, starting in January 2020. If you are a passionate and accomplished events marketer looking to hit the ground running in a large scale and ambitious events company, apply today!
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.