Marketing Manager - Live Music
Exciting opportunity for an exceptional Marketing Manager to join an international live music events company.
You will be looking after the strategy, planning and successful delivery of all aspects of marketing across a festival project, working closely with the in- house Marketing and Events teams.
The key responsibilities of the Marketing Manager role include:
- Helping increase ticket sales and brand awareness, coordinating marketing activities with various internal and external departments
- Overseeing and maintaining external marketing partnerships and relationships
- Campaign coordination: implementing marketing plans for all launches and liaising with agencies and overseeing social, digital, mailers, artwork, media and PR for launches
- Content management: coordinating artwork briefs and liaising with agencies, video briefing, online advertising, print advertising and photography briefing
- Website management: monitoring web performance and producing content for the website
- Media: planning and implementing media plans and monitoring performance
- Social media management: curating content, publishing and scheduling content
- Promotional events: organising relevant promotional or marketing material and attending and representing the brand at events
The ideal candidate will have:
- A proven track record of marketing in a Label, Agency or Live Events organisation
- A creative and enthusiastic outlook with a love for music and live events
- An organised, calm and proactive approach with excellent written skills
- Basic adobe and WordPress skills along with excel, word and PowerPoint
This is a fantastic opportunity for marketing candidates with a passion for live music to work at an award-winning brand. Please note that this would include some work on site during festival season including evenings and weekends as necessary.
Please email email@example.com with a CV and covering letter to apply.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.