Handle Recruitment is seeking a Marketing Manager with subscriptions experience to join a market leader in the housing industry across print, digital and events.
Currently catering towards 22,000 subscribers and hosting Europe's largest housing exhibition generating £3m, this is a position which offers lots of autonomy and ownership for a marketing expert with an entrepreneurial spirit.
As the Marketing Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Driving subscriber acquisition and retention
- Understanding how to convert registered users into subscriptions
- Pushing existing customers into corporate accounts while maintaining overall subscriber volumes and revenues
- Developing a content and pricing strategy to increase conversions across the markets
- Managing a multi-channel marketing plan including SEO, PPC, email and social media
- Tracking and analysing marketing activities to measure ROI
- Exploiting the marketing automation platform to deliver effective direct-campaigns
- Developing lead nurture programmes to improve sales conversion rates
- Working closely with the Head of Engagement to understand all customer touch-points and the various journeys with the aim of finding new customers, increasing website usage and improving brand loyalty
- Learning and understanding the market and competitor landscape to protect and develop the publications
- Ensuring all the fulfilment/product platforms are working effectively
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Substantial experience in subscriptions acquisition and renewal campaigns
- Demonstrable digital expertise in social, PPC and SEO
- An understanding of budget management and forecasts
- Strong Microsoft Excel and/or data visualisation tools such as Tableau also desirable
- A self-starter mentality to take ownership and personal accountability
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
Please get in touch or apply now for a further conversation!
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.