Calling all Dance/ Classical/ Theatre Media Managers!!
This is a fantastic opportunity to follow your passion to the magical city of Edinburgh! A very recognisable Arts Festival is looking for a Media Manager, to bring their expertise of the UK Arts Media landscape to Edinburgh.
You will have the chance to work in conjunction with the Head of Communications and implement the media strategy! You will be the primary media contact and manage a team of publicists.
- Develop and implement a Festival Media Campaign Strategy each year
- Maintain and develop a positive relationship with the press
- Monitor the news agenda and planning strategy responses with the Head of Communications
- Ensure key messages are communicated to the media
- Pitch, deliver and secure media coverage
- Extensive experience working in the communications/ media relations role in the arts sector - ESSENTIAL!
- Exceptions are written and verbal communications skills
- in-depth understanding of media channels and confidence in following media online to stay informed
- An extensive journalist contact base spanning UK and overseas
- Highly motivated and passionate about the arts industry
- Team player - used to working in a high-pressure environment
If the opportunity above excited you and you are interested in hearing more - please do not hesitate to apply!
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.