Exciting online retail business are looking for an immediately available Planning Assistant with experience within retail head office to support a busy team
The Merchandise Assistant will provide admin support to the Merchandise Planners and Merchandise Planning Manager. The Merchandise Planning team are responsible for optimising stock across the product range.
Within this position the successful candidate will support the team of Merchandise planners by actively managing and maintaining data. This enables the accurate forecasting and ordering of stock as well as the prompt and precise payment of supplier invoices.
- Invoice Matching for a defined set of suppliers
- Delivery Conformance Monitoring - Communicating with suppliers by email and phone about short deliveries and failed deliveries.
- Identifying the impact of consistent shorts / failed deliveries on Sales Weighted Availability KPI and flag issues to Merchandise Planning Manager
- Supplier 'out of stock' Management - Availability Tracking and managing non-orderable products through communicating with suppliers and managing availability statuses
- Updating supplier delivery schedules
- Maintaining product information such as costs, descriptions, product life, barcodes etc.
- Undertaking periodic data checks, such as costs, VAT, product life etc.
- Setting up new suppliers and liaising with other departments on supplier setup
- Relisting and delisting existing lines
- Loading clearance promotions
- Organising purge and stock transfers with GMDC Ops
- Running regular reports, circulating results and taking consequent actions
- Liaising with warehouse operations teams resolving supplier non-conformance issues and dealing with supplier returns
- Ad hoc support as required by Merchandise Planners and Merchandise Planning Managers
Skills and Experience
- Previous Experience in an administrative role
- Experience in a Retail background
- Good IT skills with experience using Microsoft Office in particular, Excel
- Communication - Good written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail - Focus on accuracy and detail
- Ability to pick up tasks and to quickly learn bespoke IT systems
- Good time management with the ability to work independently
- Proactive and collaborative approach to work with fellow Merchandise Planning Administrators and the wider Merchandise Planning team
- Willingness to get involved when needed in tasks outside of their normal remit
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.