Metadata Support Manager - Global Entertainment Brand
Handle Recruitment is partnering with a global entertainment brand to find a Metadata Support Manager.
As the Metadata Support Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring a high standard of metadata within the businesses in-house system.
This role would suit a confident multi-tasker and excellent communicator with a strong understanding of metadata and the ability to learn new business information systems and processes quickly.
Key features include:
- Proactively checking the territories data by using various tools/methods provided, for specific business issues including - identifying duplicate data, recognising missing data and detecting incorrect data
- Identify data themes, investigating causes and communicating analysis results
- Managing daily workloads by assessing business priorities in a timely manner and ensuring that complex issues are acknowledged within a given time frame; and progress updates are provided to stakeholders
- Building strong relationships within given territories to increase their knowledge and understanding of metadata standards and downstream impacts
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a comparable metadata position within media/entertainment space
- A detailed understanding of metadata requirements and related issues across all product types, media and genres
- Positive attitude with a strong work ethic; customer-focused and solutions-orientated
- Strong interpretive skills; able to translate customer's requests in to tasks that will solve any underlying issues
In return the Metadata Support Manager will receive:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 25 days annual leave
- Dental and travel insurance
- Discounted products
If your experience matches the requirements above and you are interested in finding out more about this fantastic opportunity, please apply now!
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.