We are seeking an experienced Sales Executive/Business Development Executive who has specialised in generating new business to join one of the UK's leading and most established creative trade shows.
You will primarily be responsible for sourcing and developing new business, targeting mostly smaller boutique/start-up companies as well as identifying and supporting the implementation of the ongoing sales strategy. There is a large scope for progression in this role as you grow and nurture your client relationships, as this company is specifically on the lookout for someone with a long term career plan that they can help you develop.
Your day to day work will look something along the lines of:
- Being an expert in your industry. Identifying and mapping out new business areas to approach, through researching current and upcoming trends and building a business plan around this information.
- Approaching prospective clients through cold calling, marketing materials and following up on enquiries that have come through website traffic.
- Arranging and attending sales meetings with clients to fully understand their needs, to ensure you can offer them the best, tailored solution through a well put together pitch.
- Providing excellent customer service to all existing and new clients, including answering all enquiries in a timely manner, providing solutions to issues and ensuring they are always getting the most out of their budget.
- Thinking through long term sales strategies that can be applied to yourself as well as your team.
- Keeping track of your revenue targets and KPIs, ensuring they are hit and exceeded.
- Ensuring all data is up to date and secure on CRM.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Proven experience in business development/account management, the exhibition or events industry is ideal but not necessary.
- A sales and results driven mentality, the ability to work in a fast moving environment and proven track record of exceeding targets.
- Strong relationship building skills, for new and existing clients.
- Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Competency in using CRM such as Salesforce as well as Microsoft Office package.
If you have similar experience and are looking to elevate your career to the next level this could be the right opportunity for you, please apply online or get in touch!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.