As a New Business Executive, you will generate new business focusing on clients connected with the Pet World! You will be expected to convert leads that are self-sourced (on-site at events, at competitor events, or through other channels) or provided by the Marketing function. This role requires a high-level of personal interaction over the phone, email, or face-to-face. It is well-suited to an outgoing, highly personable individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Follow-up promptly on self-sourced leads and leads generated by the Marketing team, which may require calling people whom you have not previously met.
- Convert leads into sold revenue by helping customers understand how exhibiting at events can help them realise their strategic objectives.
- Maximise revenue by upselling customers on their stand size whenever possible.
- Attend events to support the rebooking process and / or hold prearranged meetings with potential customers
PERSON SPECIFICATION:Experience & Knowledge - Essential
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proven experience developing key accounts
- Strong academic background
- Proven experience as a new business hunter
- Experience of cold calling
- Experience of working to a sales target
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.