Handle have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic New Business Manager with a passion for retail and technology. We are working with one of the leading B2B brands within retail which provides industry news, analysis and market data to recruit an ambitious New Business Manager to join their dynamic team.
The primary function of this role is to generate revenue for their portfolio of conferences, awards as well as bespoke solutions through their award-winning in house content marketing agency. The role is perfect for someone with a passion for new business who is also interested in developing their account management skills as the role will be split between developing and growing retained accounts (25%) as well as identifying, qualifying and winning new business (75%) from new and exciting companies looking to work with retailers, specifically within the Technology and Property sectors.
- To deliver / exceed monthly, quarterly and annual target revenues.
- Manage the sales cycle effectively - sourcing leads, developing new opportunities, achieving activity KPI's, managing pipeline, closing the deal.
- Prepare sales plans and present plan to senior management team.
- Report on weekly performance against targets.
- To make the agreed number of visits and ensure regular contact with key clients in order to grow revenue and market share.
- Effectively present and position the portfolio over the phone and in face to face meetings.
- Networking with industry professionals & stakeholders
- Communicating with managers, stakeholders & customers
- Utilising Salesforce and LinkedIn to identify, follow up leads and set up meetings
- Become a retail expert. Have the knowledge and understanding of the key challenges retailers are facing to be able to provide effective marketing solutions to clients.
- Develop a genuine knowledge of your client's business and become a trusted advisor
The perfect candidate will be someone who builds fantastic relationships with clients, who is capable of winning new business through brilliant story-telling, providing clients with creative and intelligent solutions. You will be entrepreneurial, ambitious and an excellent communicator with a real interest in the retail industry and what shapes it.
We are looking for candidates with 2+ years experience in a similar B2B new business or account management role, with experience managing your own workload as well as working towards strict targets and KPI's. Experience or an interest in the retail and technology industries are desirable but not essential.
This is a permanent position paying £25k - £35k plus commission dependent on experience.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.