Handle Recruitment is working a music licensing organisation, to source a New Business Operations Manager for their Leicester offices.
This is an amazing opportunity to drive revenue growth via new business on behalf of a world-leading music licensing company who specialise in collective music rights management.
Reporting directly to the Head of Commercial, key responsibilities will include:
- Introducing sales strategy, encourage new business revenue and attain growth targets
- Making sure that service standards and targets are continuously achieved
- Encouraging 'best practice' customer service, ensuring complaints are always resolved
- Leading the implementation of targeted campaigns as defined in the strategic campaign plan
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of accounts, sectors and territories
- Managing the new business revenue budget and contributing to the budgeting/forecasting
- Proactively developing the relevant teams' knowledge of licensing legislation, enabling the necessary levels of tariff knowledge and sales skills
- Offering leadership and direction to reach high performance, acting as an enthusiastic example and coach, including performance management of direct reports
- Managing team resources through effective recruitment and replacement of employees, ensuring correct staffing levels to undertake the required work
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of managing multiple projects and varying team sizes within a customer service, target driven environment, managing people, work-flow and service levels
- Competency in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent communication skills, including presentations
- A track record of outstanding customer service
- Substantial relationship and stakeholder management
- Proven experience in commercial negotiations
Immediate interview for successful candidates, please apply with a CV and covering letter in the first instance to charlotte.rualLovell@handle.co.uk
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.