Fantastic opportunity for a compliance executive to join our client - a leading broadcaster.
In an extremely hybrid role you will manage and advise on policy across editorial and channel teams and provide an In-depth knowledge of the Ofcom Broadcasting Code whilst also working towards local editorial policies and guidelines.
- To be a first line support and source of compliance expertise across all production/commissioning output including live programming.
- To ensure appropriate internal processes and checks are in place at all times.
- To access compliance information submitted by suppliers; to sign off programmes as compliant in their schedule context and to ensure that appropriate guidance on announcements and text labels have been specified.
- To be a source of expertise on the Ofcom Broadcasting Code and Editorial Guidelines, and offer timely advice to staff across all teams
- To advise on legal issues relating to commissioned programmes.
- To view contentious material and liaise with key stakeholders.
- To act as the day to day point of contact on compliance matters with Editorial Policy.
Some must have's for the role
- Experienced in complying content for broadcast and on-demand at different times of day
- A detailed understanding of the Ofcom Broadcasting Code and On-Demand Programme Service Rules.
This is an incredible opportunity to really contribute to commercial strategy and make editorial decisions within a very dynamic and excellent work place.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.