Office Administrator - Music
£25,000 - £30,000
Handle Recruitment is working with a renowned London-based Music Agency who represent an elite group of composers for film and television.
You will be required to work on your own initiative with absolute attention to detail, have excellent communication and numeric skills as well as a flexible approach towards work.
The ability to work with numbers across complex budgets is critical to success in this role.
Reporting to the owner and MD, key responsibilities will include:
Dealing with office computer/telephone systems and office supplies, answer all general calls and emails and assist with general office duties to ensure the smooth running of the office
- Liaising with the composer agents in order to generate invoices for composer and musicians' fees. Record and if necessary chase payment of fees
- Assisting the musicians' contractor and composer agents on all film and television projects, generating invoices, creating spreadsheets and maintaining financial records
- Undertaking some personal and travel management duties for the Director
- Making and recording accurate payment of general expenses/supplier invoices, generating self-billing invoices, making accurate payments to clients using the online banking system
- Using Sage 50 software to accurately keep company accounts and for bank reconciliation
- Maintaining and updating various project databases
- Obtaining all music cue sheets from the composer and post-production supervisor and ensuring these are accurate for royalty collection -forwarding these to the publishing manager
The ideal candidate will have:
A high level of organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Excellent numeric and financial skills
- Good telephone manner - it is vital that you maintain a friendly and positive working relationship with clients
- The ability to use a variety of software packages: Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Sage. Knowledge of Sage 50 is preferred
- Demonstrable experience in Project Management
- Knowledge of the Media Industry (film/tv/music publishing)
- Interest in the music and/or production industries
This is an exciting role in which you will be at the heart of the company - working with international clients, recording studios and production companies as well as maintaining and developing efficient office systems. The office is based in West London.
Immediate interview for successful candidates, please apply with a CV and covering letter in the first instance to charlotte.rualLovell@handle.co.uk
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.