Do you want to work for one of the UK's leading Sporting & Events organisations?!… Handle are proud to be working with a fun, dynamic, creative brand who are seeking a highly organised, energetic and confident Office Assistant to join their beautiful fast paced head office in South West London. The role will be incredibly varied so a truly pro-active candidate with the capability of working within a team, as well as independently should consider this fantastic opportunity!
This position is based in a team of five who will work closely together. The role will be based on Front of House as well as back office; therefore there will be a daily rotation to accommodate this.
- To operate a very busy switchboard and be the first point of contact; ensuring a professional, welcoming and efficient Reception service is provided at all times
- Managing and overseeing postal services; both incoming and outgoing including courier services
- Able to carry out roles in other departments and work with great versatility
- Overseeing supplier agreements and relationships
- Ensuring expenditure is within approved budget levels
- Compliance with all the company policies and procedures
- To answer queries from visitors, employees and the general public in an efficient, positive, polite and helpful manner
- To book transport for staff and visitors where appropriate
- Administer the lost property service following events
- To assist with provision of mail room, print room, stationery store and reprographics services as required
- Act as an ambassador and promote the best interests of the company at all times
- To facilitate arrangement of team cover via recruitment agencies or internal staff as required
Skills & Personal Attributes
- Must be very clearly spoken and have calm and welcoming communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills is essential
- Experience of working in an office environment; ability to use Microsoft Office applications
- Must demonstrate a thorough approach to work, showing attention to detail and accuracy
- The ability to organise yourself effectively and use your time efficiently
- Excellent customer service skills is a must
- Must present a highly professional image when representing the Company in person and/or by phone
- The desire to help colleagues and a willingness to take on roles outside your normal functional responsibility when required is required
- Must be a confident communicator with the ability to converse with a wide range of people
- Must be able to assist others and work independently in seeking solutions to problems and queries, always using initiative with a hunger to learn and develop
Candidates must be available at no more than 2 weeks' notice, the role is due to start in 1-2 weeks' time.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.