Our client; a well known global technology company is currently requiring an experience PA and Team Assistant on a temporary basis.
The role will be based in central London, the purpose of this role is to provide comprehensive PA and administrative support to the Vice President, and the wider team. This position is expected to pre‐empt role requirements and take own initiative to work efficiently with and for the VP.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Key areas: Numeracy and experience of using Excel is required, and experience in
analysing and presenting data would be a strong advantage.
- Provide support to the tax compliance team by preparing and updating spreadsheets for group reporting and group tax compliance
- Support professional staff in preparing bench marking studies for transfer pricing analysis
- Assume responsibility for preparation of statistical forms
- Liaise with Company Secretary and overseas offices in obtaining VP's signature on legal documents as required ‐ ensure that documents are provided in good time ahead of due date, understand signature requirements (eg number of copies required, whether countersignatures are required, whether documents can be signed in multiple copies or all signatures must be on the same original copy etc), ensure that evidence of review and approval is provided, and that time is scheduled with the VP and other directors for review and signature of the documents.
- Manage a constantly changing complex diary and proactively determine priorities and urgency's.
- Ensure VP's meetings run to schedule and that sufficient 'desk time' is factored in.
- Take proactive ownership of arranging international travel and accommodation
- reservations for the VP and her team.
- Plan agendas for both internal and external meetings
- Liaise with other PAs internationally to manage meetings, video conference calls and
- Screen calls directed to the VP and taking detailed messages in a professional manner
- Collate and process expense claims for the team
- Review invoices and code for VP signature, querying any incorrect or unexpected
- amounts. In the event of query from a supplier, liaise with Accounts Payable
- department to identify and resolve promptly any issues delaying payment.
- Proactively monitor invoice receipts to ensure that payments are up to date and no
- significant amounts are outstanding at any point in time to allow for accurate budgeting
- and management of costs.
- Prepare schedule of accruals at year end and other key points during the year as
- Act as the central contact for all matters concerning the VP
- Produce and edit departmental PowerPoint presentations
- Administrative support to Senior Director and other team members
- Ensure meeting rooms are reserved for meetings when required and that appropriate refreshments and IT assistance are provided; meet and greet guests on arrival
- Act as subject matter expert for all internal systems and processes to provide comprehensive support and guidance to all team members
Qualifications and/or Experience Required
- Calm, approachable and unflappable
- Typically 6 or more year's previous experience in a similar mixed PA and team role
- Proactive, with a proven track record of taking the initiative to resolve issues and
- support a busy team.
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel Skills
- Experience in supporting Senior level Executives, with busy international travel
- Excellent communicator - verbal & written
- Confidentiality - ability to maintain the highest levels of confidence
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and a keen eye for detail
- Confidence - the ability to push back in a professional manner
- Must be friendly, approachable and always willing to help/problem solve
- Good interpersonal communication.
- Team player and able to get on well with people.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.